1. Let your table reflect your style. traditional, bohemian, casual.
2. Don't stress about an over the top table. Keep it simple with great color, a festive centerpiece and a few personal touches.
3. Set the table the night before. It will save your sanity and guest will arrive and immediately feel relaxed and welcome.
4. Linens distract and dazzle! A colorful cloth napkin on a bare tabletop will steal the show. Or if you want to hide the table (too many crayon marks), lay a seasonally inspired cloth down.
5. Eat out! If your dining room can't accommodate the masses or you want to shake it up, dine outside!