My mouth is having a party just thinking about all these delicious summer flavors! From around the web, we found a couple you might enjoy.
Blackberry Sweet Tea
3 family-size tea bags (or 10 regular)
6 cups water
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup blackberries
sliced lemon, for garnish
fresh mint, for garnish
Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan. Once you have a rolling boil, dunk in the tea bags a few times to get wet, and remove from heat. Let tea bags steep 1 hour.
Remove tea bags and pour in sugar, stirring well until dissolved. Pour into a glass pitcher, and add remaining water.
Puree blackberries and add them to the tea, stirring to combine.
Serve in glasses filled with ice, and garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint.
Grilled Caprese Toast with Burrata Cheese + Grilled Avocados
- 1 loaf crusty sourdough or ciabatta bread (or use a gluten free loaf if needed), sliced
- 2 large ripe, but firm avocados, peeled, pitted + sliced
- olive oil (enough to drizzle over bread slices and avocados)
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces burrata cheese (or use fresh sliced mozzarella)
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4-6 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Balsamic Drizzle
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
1. BACON-CHEDDAR: Spread low-fat mayonnaise on still warm corn. Roll in 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese and 5 strips cooked bacon, chopped.
2. MEXICAN-STYLE STREET CORN: Spread low-fat mayonnaise on still warm corn. Roll in 1/2 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese. Sprinkle with chile powder. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
3. PIZZAIOLA SPREAD: Grate 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded, using a coarse box grater; strain and press out all excess liquid. Stir in 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese, 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped basil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread on corn.
4. TOASTED SESAME BUTTER: Stir together 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened; 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds; 1/2 teapsoon finely chopped cilantro; and 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil. Spread on corn; sprinkle with more sesame seeds.
5. GARLIC–OLD BAY BUTTER: Stir together 4 tablesoons salted butter, softened; 1 small clove garlic, pressed; and 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning. Spread on corn; sprinkle with more Old Bay seasoning, if desired.